The 360° program was designed with the ambitious and driven intern in mind. The intent of this internship is to provide young professionals with a concentrated view of core business functions. This program provides students with a well rounded experience in all functions of Garick LLC and provides a solid foundation of business knowledge that a student can utilize in future endeavors. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn all aspects of running a business, this program is for you.
This program is designed for accounting majors considering a career in corporate accounting. It is extended to all students who have an interest in learning the interworking of a business. Students must have senior status or be working toward a Masters degree in Accounting with an overall grade point average of 3.00 to be considered for the program. The program offers flexible scheduling to accommodate class schedules. We anticipate the time commitment to be 15 – 20 hours per week.
Interns will have a direct working relationship with the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Accounting Manager. Individuals will learn the basic functions of accounting and will be able to apply coursework to the tasks assigned.
· Prepare schedules and analyses for annual financial statement audit
· Internal control documentation
· Internal financial reporting and budget variance analysis
· Fixed asset maintenance and reporting
· Lease and debt accounting
· Prepare schedules for tax reporting
· Perform accounts receivable functions – cash receipts, credit checks, collection activities, reporting
· Perform accounts payable functions – invoice processing, cash projections, support the payment processing team
· Cross training in other functional areas of Garick LLC as time permits
Knowledge and skills required Include:
· Intermediate level of understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
· Intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Able to use an adding machine by touch
· Experience with AssetKeeper fixed asset management software a plus
· Experience with SBT general ledger software a plus
What to expect from your internship
- A chance to get a taste of what it’s really like to work in a green manufacturing industry in a fast paced environment while earning valuable, hands-on experience.
- The opportunity to work with dynamic, team-oriented young professionals who will provide feedback on your progress and help you to develop your professional career.
- On site training at our manufacturing plant and local office training on all core functions of operating business.
- The chance to contribute fresh ideas and have a voice and impact on streamlining and improving business processes.
If interested, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, put “Accounting 14” in the subject line.